Monday, August 22, 2011
Purchase of Normality
For the first time in a long time I felt normal and lively walking around downtown Perth having a day to myself. Well everyday is a day to myself but this particular day was special. Most of the time I feel like I'm stuck in a rut, imprisoned by my own bad moods caused by lack of reason to get up in the morning. But I got up and got dressed for the first time on a few days and caught a bus into town. I was shopping and having a drink and while walking down the street with a purchase in one hand and a mocha in the other I was truly on top of the world. I had 3 people comment on how much I was smiling and one was a random person in the street. I had places to go and people to see and just the right amount of time in the day to do everything casually and purposefully. That freedom made me feel human again. When I caught the train back to Subi for my ride home I held my new earings my new book and my coffee smiling to myself. Going out and making those small purchases made me feel normal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment