Friday, October 22, 2010

Trip to Bali

Kitimani Volcano
Rice Field between Ubud and Kitimani Volcano
I had to leave Autralia because of my visa expiring after 3 months, so Shelley and I took a 6 day trip to Bali for a short vacation.  I flew into Denpasar where Shelley met me and took me to our hotel (the Green Garden) in Kuta.  We spend a couple days there and then headed up to Ubud where we met  up with one of Shelley's friends that moved to bali almost 2 years ago now.  We met up with them and went out for dinner and Shelley caught up with Marcene.  The second day in Ubud we went to see the Kitimani Volcano (Still active last erupted in 1999) and on our way back went to a park and went on an elephant ride.  Very cool, while we sat and had our tea afterwards they had a couple baby orangotangs that Shelley and I played with for a bit before we headed back for Ubud.  The next Day we left early afternoon back for Kuta where we shopped sat by the pool and just relaxed for the rest of our time there.  It was a very nice place, very humid but very friendly. 
Pool at Green Garden Hotel in Kuta

No comments:

Post a Comment