Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Garden

When we first got back to Australia I started a garden in the backyard to give me something to do and to be able to use fresh vegetables and herbs for cooking. That was about 3.5 months ago and I now have blossoms and fruit starting to bloom.  The lettuce grew the fastest, I've already been able to pick a couple heads of it and use it in salads.  The cherry tomatoes are just ripening now and will be ready to eat in a cuple weeks I'm sure. 

Before and After shot of the whole Garden (Before photos taken some time late June, After taken a few days ago)


Before & After of the Cherry Tomatoes



My Herb Garden Everything grew so quickly I had to trim it all back and now have some freshly dried herbs as well. 


A brunch I made using fresh Herbs from the garden as well as the lettuce for the salad.


1 comment:

  1. I lied about the time line of the photos of the whole garden. The Before pictures were actually taken only just over a month ago.

    ReplyDelete